Største dating side Læsø website for 11 year olds dating
) is Denmark's northernmost town and the area surrounding it.
Occasionally known in English as The Scaw, it is situated on the east coast of the Skagen Odde peninsula in the far north of Jutland, it is part of Frederikshavn Municipality in Region Nordjylland.
Skagen reached a peak population of 14,050 in 1980, after which it gradually declined. Thanks to the artistic community which still remains in Skagen, the local arts and crafts trade remains important to the income of the town with its numerous crafts shops and galleries.
Chains such as the international jeweller Skagen Designs have branches in the town, and given the abundance of fresh fish coming in at the port of Skagen, seafood forms a staple in Skagen's restaurants.
The tracks were widened in 1916 to avoid the need to transfer cargoes of fish in Frederikshavn.
Many of the town's typical yellow-plastered houses with red roofs which grew up along Sankt Laurentii Vej from 1890 to 1930 were designed by Ulrik Plesner.
They built the summer residence Klitgaarden, completed in 1914.
Between the 1930s and 1950s the town grew rapidly, with the population more than doubling from 4,048 in 1930 to 9,009 in 1955.
It belonged to Tronder, a shepherd who also became Skagen's first fisherman.Several landmarks in the town are closely associated with the Skagen Painters who used to frequent them, including Brøndums Hotel, Skagens Museum, Michael and Anna Ancher's House, and Drachmann's House.Skagen's first school was the Latinskole, a grammar school, which was in operation from 1549 until 1739.Originally the name was applied to the peninsula but it now usually refers to the town itself.The settlement began in the Middle Ages as a fishing village, renowned for its herring industry.
Thanks to its seascapes, fishermen and evening light, towards the end of the 19th century it became popular with a group of Impressionist artists now known as the Skagen Painters.